APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, March 22, 2021
Job Title: BILLING SPECIALIST
Reports To: Business Office Manager
Department: Sequoia Safety Council
Location: Reedley, CA
Prepared By/Date: Rhonda Costa, 02/25/2021
The Billing Specialist is responsible to organize field documentation, assign the correct billing codes, and process claims for payment. As a part of the billing office team, the position answers phones and provides billing support for customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review field documentation for medical justification.
- Perform data entry as required.
- Process treatment authorization requests.
- Determine proper paying party and verify insurance coverage eligibility.
- Enter ICD-10 codes and correct as needed.
- Enter proper pricing for services rendered.
- Research patient identity for billing purposes.
- Review and enter medical justification documentation.
- Operate a multiple line phone system and transfer calls as necessary.
- Process payments for customers and provide helpful support to their questions.
- Responsible to follow all safety rules and guidelines.
- Arrives to all work assignments on time and in appropriate attire.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Maintains a professional and customer service oriented attitude at all times when representing Sequoia Safety Council Inc.
- Treats all co-workers, patients, patient’s families, other payers, and all members of the public with respect and professionalism.
- Responsible for completion and accuracy of all paperwork and computerized records.
- Attends all mandatory Sequoia Safety Council meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Business Office Manager.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to operate the following equipment:
- Computer (keyboard, mouse, and software)
- Copy machine
- Scanner machine
- Fax machine
- Work with tight deadlines under pressure.
- Work with many different agencies/companies.
- Work closely with the public.
- Be confidential with privileged information
- Able to perform general office duties.
- Able to lift a 30 lbs. box to a height of three feet.
- Must be able to type >/= 30 wpm.
- Must be able to work indoors.
- Must be able to work normal business hours.